1. Australians don't eat peanut butter and jelly. In fact many think it is totally weird.
2. Tim Tams are by far one of the best cookies ever!
3. It is normal to become aware of the fact that you now have a funny accent.
4. The Great Barrier Reef is dying. I am so happy I got to see it before it was too late.
5. Food is super expensive and portions are smaller.
6. Aussies like to shorten everything. For example, the city of Brisbane and affectionately called Brissie.
7. New Zealanders are called Kiwi's. Don't worry they don't mind.
8. If you have the chance to see a glacier in New Zealand. DO IT. No matter the cost.
9. New Zealand farms deer. As a girl from the Northeastern U.S. this seemed so strange to me.
10. Australians and New Zealanders are some of the nicest people I have ever met.
In the end Australia and New Zealand are some of the most unique places in the world. Seeing kangaroos never got old and the beautiful scenery of the South Island of New Zealand is truly spectacular. If you ever have the chance to visit I say go. My time down under was one of the best experiences of my life.