Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Weekend Happenings: Waterfalls and Northern Faces

Okay, right now I can just barely see the light at the end of the tunnel of work I'm currently buried in but I've been dying to give an update about my weekend so here it goes. This weekend I visited some friends from my abroad trip. While there I went to a Northern Faces concert and explored a waterfall.
It was so nice to laugh with old friends and just get an update about everyone's life.

The venue was called the Hollow. I'd barely heard Northern Faces before but I love going to concerts. They turned out to be pretty good and I'd definitely go an check them out of iTunes or Spotify.


There were two opening bands playing for them. The first was Royal Tongues. They are a pretty new band from the Buffalo area. The second band is called Stellar Young. Out of all the bands I thought these guys were the most fun to watch. The lead guitarists was super funny. My favorite song of theirs is Playing With Guns. Definitely check it out.


Then there was the Christian Forest near Albany. It was a great place to hike around and explore. The hiking was pretty easy and relaxed.


 Also the waterfalls were amazing. They reminded me so much of my grandfathers old house. He used to live on the side of a mountain in the Catskills and a stream ran right next to his house. My sister and I used to play in that stream for hours when we would visit.


Well that was my weekend. I cannot believe I'm just a few weeks away from graduating. Definitely want to drag it out a little longer cause it's going to be so sad. I'm just going to try and take it a day at a time and enjoy it while it lasts.

Hope you had a great weekend!

oxo Caitlin



No comments:

Post a Comment