Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello and Welcome to My Mind

Hello my name is Caitlin and I am a student, reader, and amateur writer.  I call both the breezy coast of Maine and the equally breezy shores of the fingerlakes home.  As of now I am staying busy studying biology and english (a funny combination, I know), writing, and reading.  Most of my writing consists of random moments and short stories as well as a few poorly written poems.   I hope to one day pen a novel but right now my attention span is about the width of a teaspoon.

When I am not writing or studying I am usually reading or spending time playing the piano.  Most of what I read can be found in the YA section in any bookstore but as an English student I do enjoy the classics.  In the recent years I have fully embraced the dystopian novel craze including The Hunger Games and Divergent.  Other favorites of mine will always include The Harry Potter series and Narnia which demonstrates my love of high fantasy.  This summer it is my goal to dig into the Game of Thrones series.  I have already been sucked into the HBO series and can't wait to begin.  Maybe one day I will post a full summer reading list.

Anyway, I hope that this blog allows me to get it together and actually write, whether it be stories or my opinions.  I am one of those people who constantly thinks about writing something but never actually gets around to doing it.  Procrastination is my Mount Everest and the internet my crutch.

1 comment:

  1. Great review on Insurgent because it made me read the introduction on Amazon. I wanted a copy, but it is $10 and I will have to wait.

    ReplyDelete