Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Comfortable

It's been a while.  I've been super busy lately.  It feels like school is eating me alive and graduate school decisions have to be made sooner rather than later.  Today I came across this video and it made me think about how I view myself and my perceived flaws. It is easily to get bogged down by our flaws.  For example, I've always disliked my nose.  It curves slightly to the right and whenever I look at myself in photos I cannot help but zoom into that tiny flaw.  In reality I'm probably the only person who really notices/cares but it still matters.

The video shows the stark difference between how children and adults perceive themselves.  The piece shows how much we judge our bodies and our minds for things we cannot control.  It made me realize how much adults critique their bodies while children are much more accepting.


I think the greatest message to be gained here is that we are capable of loving ourselves.  If we could only grasp on to the carefree attitude of childhood we can regain our ability to appreciate every aspect of ourselves.

Let me know what you think of the video?  I hope it made you rethink your own perception just a little bit.

ox Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment