Monday, October 6, 2014

Life as a Woman

I feel like women are torn between two extremes these days.  On one hand the world tells us we should be perfect. We are bombarded by people and pictures telling us to wear the right clothes, right makeup, and the right sized body.  On the other hand we are told not to worry about being perfect. People tell us to embrace our imperfections.  While I completely embrace the second point, I think the messages together are all very confusing.  No matter how hard you try to love yourself there is always society telling you that you're not good enough.

I found a perfect video that embodies the feelings of a woman growing up. I in no way think that this embodies every aspect of a woman's life but I do think it deals with the issues women face in regards to their appearance.  It's cute, funny, and I think the message at the end is particularly important.  Women should try and help each other get through life so that every generation gets a little closer to accepting ourselves.



Hope you all have a great Monday!

ox Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment