Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Songs of September

I thought I'd compile the songs that have gotten me through September and the beginning of the school year.  I've been listening to quite a bit of folksy songs recently.  I even made a new Spotify playlist specifically for that reason. Sorry if you aren't into indie folk songs.  Also I've found that many of the songs are slower, save a few exceptions.  They've just helped me relax as I walk through the turning leaves of fall.  Anyway enough rambling here are my favorite songs of September!

The Stable Song by Gregory Alan Isakov


I love this one! What makes this band so great are the lyrics.  They are so interesting and poetic.


Red Eye by Vance Joy


Vance Joy takes me back to my days in Australia.  This song is on their newly released album.  Definitely check it out!

Shake It Off by Taylor Swift


People either love or hate Taylor Swift. I have to admit I was kind of indifferent for a while but now I've come to realize I actually enjoy her music.  You cannot deny that her music isn't catchy.  The music video is also super cute.  Every time I see Taylor Swift on television or in this music video I cannot help but realize that she actually seems like a funny and cute person.  She just always seems so happy and confident in her own quirky skin and I admire her for that.  

So those are some songs that have been on my September playlist.  What have you been listening to lately?  

ox Caitlin 

No comments:

Post a Comment