Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Happenings!

I've been trying to document my life through photos this semester. I noticed that I have probably thousands of photos from my semester abroad but I barely have any photos from my nearly four years at school. I've never been much of a selfie taker but I do like taking photos of things and places I've been so I'm going to try and document the everyday things that I do.  I thought I'd start out with this weekend and talk a little bit about what I was up to.

This was the first official weekend back from break so my friends spent the night sipping wine at a local bar called microclimate. There comes a time in life when you learn that alcohol can actually be enjoyed without guzzling it down by the barrel full.  I have reached that point. It's funny how much more enjoyable it is to spend time chatting with friends in a classy bar where you can actually hear everyone's voice without shouting.


The wine glasses were so pretty I couldn't help but get a couple of camera shots.  I also discovered my love for dry Riesling.  Sweet wines are kind of sickening to me but dry wines are smooth and perfect.


My first Saturday back was spent mostly in my bed relaxing in the calm before the storm of the semester hits home.  I made a trip to Walmart where I discovered the yarn section.  I'm knitting another hat.  I may be a little addicted to hat knitting. Pretty soon I'm going to run out of people to knit for. 



Sunday morning was a brunch with friends morning.  We went all out with waffles, strawberry banana smoothies and the cheesiest popovers you ever did see. 


If you have never had the pleasure of eating a popover you are truly missing out.  They are perfectly eggy puffs of stretchy dough.  Martha does a pretty good job of explaining how to make them so buy a pan and get cooking!  One hint though, make sure all your ingredients are room temperature.  It will limit the sticking.


 Anyway that was my weekend, minus a pretty good amount of homework that has to get done before the craziness of the week returns. I'm not going to promise a weekend post every week but I will try. I hope you had an equally lovely weekend filled with food and friends!

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment