Thursday, March 5, 2015

Food Snapshot: Ham Sandwiches

I love food! Every aspect of food. Planning my recipes for the week is so relaxing. Walking through the grocery store with a list of recipes and an open schedule is one of my favorite things to do during the week. Unpacking the food and of course eating the food are all things I love to do. One of my favorite things is ham sandwiches on perfectly crusty bread with mustard.


This week while I was wondering around the aisles of the grocery store I picked up some super thinly sliced ham and sourdough bread from the bakery sections. The bakery section is one of the reasons I love Wegmans by the way.

Now sometimes I like to add a couple slices of swiss cheese. The slightly bitter tanginess of the cheese goes so well with the sweetness of the ham. I also like to add some mustard. If you're tired of the regular yellow mustard, though, I encourage you to get something a little different.


I picked up this whole grain mustard a little while ago to make this chicken recipe. Because I'm only buying for myself, I thought it was silly to buy a whole other jar of mustard so I've been using this one on my sandwiches. It adds a whole new texture to the sandwich and the little mustard seeds pop as you eat releasing their flavor.

Yum...that food heaven right there!

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment