Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Connies Diner and Other Weekend Things




It was my birthday weekend and my friends did a great job surprising me with a great dinner on Friday and a wonderful day out on Saturday! There was also chocolate cupcakes, which happen to be my second favorite. My favorite type of cake are the oreo cupcakes my mom makes complete with oreo frosting. Plus they are vegan so if that floats your boat even better. Here's a similar recipe to her's if you want to check it out.

One of my favorite parts of my birthday was going to a little diner in Waterloo, NY called Connie's Diner. It is an authentic 50s style diner complete with the yummy greasy food and adorable waitresses who clearly love their job.


I am such a sucker for awesome restaurants. It speaks to my inner food nerd self. This place was complete with delicious diner fair. I had a pretty normal breakfast with two eggs over easy but the omelettes and french toast also looked amazing. If you want to check this place out for yourself here is their website!


Oh and they also brought me some early morning cake for my birthday which was four levels of chocolatey goodness. Did I mention I'm a chocolate cake fan to the Bruce Bogtrotter proportion.


The night ended with more chocolate all lit up and perfect. Overall this birthday was one of the best I've had. I was surrounded by amazing friends who care so much about me. They did a great job getting everyone together and I couldn't have asked for more.

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment