Saturday, February 28, 2015

22 Years!


Today I'm celebrating my 22nd day of existence! It's weird to think about how much has gone on in the past 2 decades plus 2 years of my life. More importantly, though, I've learned so much about myself and the world around me. Here are a few things I've learned in my 22 years.

1. Forget about physical possession, family and friends are the number one thing you will ever have in your life. Cherish every moment you have with them. I mean every moment.

2. Don't be too cautious.

3. Be yourself and be happy with that. I'm still working on this one. I get upset with myself when I know I'm being especially quiet. Sometimes it's just so hard to accept who you are and accept that others will love you for it.

4. Do what you love. Specifically do what you love even if those around you are pushing you toward something else. Fun fact, I love studying insects. I want to become an entomologist because that field is so interesting to me. Many people think bugs are creepy and people have asked me why I want to study insects. It's because I think they're incredibly cool and interesting. I don't know why I love learning about them more than other things. It just is. So do what you love even if other people doubt you or think it's strange.

5. Allow yourself to take in even the most mundane moments. After all life goes by too fast.

6. Enjoy the outdoors more. It's there and we should be out there too. Get outside and stretch your legs.

7. Be kind to everyone. You don't know what they've been through. I'm not saying you have to be everyone's best friend but you do have to be nice. Plus being a jerk is so much extra work. If you're nice you never have to worry about how others see you.

8. Eat chocolate...lot's of chocolate.

9. Gather as many hobbies as you can because they are fun, they round you out as a person, and that knot tying class you took will definitely come in handy during the apocalypse.

10. Choose to be happy. It's difficult sometimes. You might not feel good or your day seems to be terrible but choosing to look on the bright side can lift your spirits. Also your happiness will rub off on others which is awesome for the world.

That's a little bit of what I've learned during my 22 years of life. I'm sure there are so many other important things but I thought sticking to 10 would be best.  Now I'm going to have an amazing birthday dinner and I hope all you lovelies have a wonderful day!

oxo Caitlin


No comments:

Post a Comment