Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Maze Runner Film

If you spend any time surrounded by dystopian young adult fiction, or a television with cable at this point, then you probably know that The Maze Runner is coming out on film on September 19.  I am pretty pumped about this movie.  Part of this is because I loved the series by James Dashner and the other part is that I barely remember what happened.  I hope the movie will jog my memory on the plot.

Here is the trailer if you haven't had the pleasure of seeing it or reading the series.  From the trailer it looks like it's going to be a pretty good movie.  It seems to capture the darker bits of the series well but we'll see when it actually comes out.



I don't think I ever actually posted a review of The Maze Runner on here (I probably read it in the pre-blog days) but after shuffling through pages of reviews I found I have written a review of The Death Curewhich is the third installment of the series.  While most of the series is a bit jumbled in my mind, I do remember the world building was fantastic and the characters were well developed.  The first book was full of mystery and action that kept me captivated and I hope the movie reflects the book.

Are there any movies you are looking forward to seeing?

ox Caitlin


No comments:

Post a Comment