Monday, September 22, 2014

Yummy Recipes when You're Sick

I spent the majority of this past weekend in bed with a horrible cold.  It seems, without fail, that I get one cold every time I come back to school no matter how hard I try to stay healthy.  I don't know about you, but when I get a cold it usually involves a ton of congestion and some seriously watery eyes.  When I was in elementary school I was constantly asked if everything was okay because it looked though I'd been crying.  I haven't been asked this in a while, but I'm pretty sure that's because I look like the most miserable person when I'm sick.

Anyway while I'm sick there is nothing that makes me feel better than tons of tea and endless supplies of soup.  I've been combing the internet for beautifully brothy soups and other recipes for a sick day.  Here are a few of my favorites!

Mushroom and white bean soup from She Wears Many Hats.  I've been into eating mushrooms lately.  They have such an earthy flavor and cooked down with onions and broth just makes them so great.  I love that this recipe adds beans so you can get a little protein with your meal.

She Wears Many Hats

Egg Drop Soup!  This soup is super easy and again has a ton of protein from the eggs.  You can also add whatever you want to the recipe. Another good way to add some asian flare to your sick day is to jack up your ramen.  By adding some soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and green onions to the traditional ramen packets you can create an easy and yummy sick day lunch. 


Gimme Some Oven
Okay this isn't soup but who can resist a little Indian food on their sick day.  I want to try this tofu curry so badly.  This little creation comes from the lovely blog Turmeric n' spice.  I stumbled across this blog just a few days ago and I'm excited to try some of her recipes.  I love Indian food and what to expand my knowledge of making Indian.  The spices in this yummy curry will surely clear up any stuffed up nose. 

Turmeric and Spice

There are so many great choices for sick days. Tonight I think I'll be making a mushroom soup similar to the first recipe but with the addition of rice.  I'll probably spice it up a little with some chili flakes.  There is no better way to kick the sinus congestion right out with a little spice.  What are some of your favorite sick day recipes?  

ox Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment