Monday, September 1, 2014

Raindrops on Roses and other August Favorites

I cannot believe it's the end of August.  School is right around the corner and I'm excited to start but I cannot deny that I'm going to miss these warm days.  Last year I had almost six months of summer because I was in Australia for the fall and beginning of winter.  I was seriously spoiled last year. Anyway I thought I would share some of the books, music, and other things that I have been loving this summer.

Reads!


Cinder was my favorite book I read this summer. If you want to hear me gush about it you can read my review here.  If you love Cinderella stories (and who doesn't really?) and a little sci fi this book is for you.  As a recap I also read Unwind by Neal Shusterman and The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson this month.  I'm currently reading The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmburg which is turning out to be a good read as well.

Tunes!

Finding new music is like my drug.  I love hunting for new music almost as much as I love listening to my favorite songs.  I have the habit of listening to a song on repeat until I am so tired of the song. Spotify has been my go to music player.  I'm a junkie.  I've been using the online music player for years and it's bad because I've always had gift cards for the premium version...until a few months ago.  I tried for two solid weeks to be okay with the free version but I cracked. Once you have the premium version the free version is just not as good.  Now I use their student discount, which means I pay $4.99 per month.  Not bad, considering the regular price is $9.99 per month.

          

This summer I've been listening to The National religiously.  I love their melancholy vibe and the main singers voice is super deep and calming.  Graceless is my favorite song from their newest album. They're a little like Bon Iver but with more of a beat.  

Blogs

I've been much more active on Bloglovin lately and there have been a few blogs that I've been loving lately.  You can literally find a blog for anything you love.  If I'm looking for a new book I can find a bookblog and if I want to

The first is Between Dreams.  While she hasn't written much lately I loved some of her original posts.  They are inspiring for anyone writing, or for life in general. I hope she continues to post soon!

The second is a long time favorite and many of you probably know the ladies over at A Beautiful Mess.  They always have great DIY projects (even though I'm crap at DIY projects) and recipes. (Check out this creamy pea and fresh herb fettuccini!)

Others



Now I know I don't post a ton of fashion or beauty stuff on here but what the heck.  I'm a closeted shoe a-holic so I might as well post what I love.  Converse have always been super comfy in my opinion. I went a little out of the box and got the high tops but I love them and think they'll be a great addition to the wardrobe.  

What have you been loving this month? I'd love to know!

ox Caitlin


No comments:

Post a Comment