Tuesday, February 17, 2015

New Imagine Dragons Album


Today marks the release of a new Imagine Dragons album, Smoke and Mirrors, and if you haven't guessed I'm super excited!  I first found Imagine Dragons about four years ago when they just had EP's and Night Visions wasn't even a thing. They are originally from Las Vagas, fun fact The Killers my favorite band is also from Las Vagas. Radioactive continues to be one of my favorite songs. 

I Bet My Life is probably one of the most well known songs on the album but there are so many other awesome songs. The songs, Shots and Polaroid, are some of my immediate favorites on the album. Of course I will probably find other favorites as I listen to the album more. 

Overall, this album is heavier and less folksy feeling than, Night Visions. It has a very similar sound to Radioactive or Bleeding Out. One thing I also noticed about the sound is the use of different musical instruments that often make it feel a little more exotic than the first album.  These give the songs a different emotion. 

I have to say that right now I really enjoyed listening to the album and I would strongly encourage you to check out the album if you were a fan of the first album. I think there is a little bit of everything on the album, making it diverse. 

Definitely check it out!

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment