Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Happenings

This weekend I regret to say that I don't have many photos (and the first photo wasn't taken by me but snagged from a friend). I had a wonderful weekend filled with friends and kitties.  Friday night I went to a play on campus after having some wonderful food with one of my best friends. We made Indian food at her house and downed it with tea. It was a great way to keep warm. Then on Saturday I got to hang out with the big guy below.


On campus, I'm a member of a volunteer club and we spent Saturday morning at the animal shelter cleaning up after some super sweet kitties.  Here is one of my personal favorites.  This big guy was quite possibly the most cuddly cat on earth. Now that's saying a lot. I'm really not much of a cat person at all. I've never owned a cat, my dad is allergic, so I've never been super comfortable around them. This guy was the best, though, and I hope he finds a home soon.

I also managed to make some pancakes this weekend. Usually I'm not a huge pancake fan but I was totally feeling like banana pancakes.


I wasn't totally following a recipe with these.  I basically just threw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl until I got a consistency that I liked. They included 1 mashed banana, a teaspoon of baking powder, 2 eggs, and enough flour to bend it all together. Oh, and a little pinch of salt. 

They were warm and perfect for a Sunday morning. I let a little butter melt on the top and drizzled them with some of this awesome buckwheat honey that I bought a couple weeks ago. It's super rich and has a flavor similar to molasses. 

Overall, this weekend was a lot of fun despite the continued below freezing temperatures and the endless snow. I really felt like I helped out this weekend and made the world a better place. 

What did you do this weekend?

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment