Sunday, February 15, 2015

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was crazy busy but so much fun. My sister came down from her bitterly cold school near the Canadian border to visit me at my equally cold school by a windy lake.  Other than the crazy smattering of snow and cold cheeks we had a blast.



It was Friday the 13th this past weeks so of course me and my friends went on a little bit of an adventure. We spent the afternoon driving around the area and stumbled upon this graveyard. It was not so much spooky as it was freezing cold.  In fact the sunset was actually kind of beautiful.


My sister was a trooper and enjoyed our silly antics even if she was shivering as we got back into the car to drive back to campus. 


Saturday we went to Simply Crepes in Canandaigua, New York. If you are in the area I strongly recommend taking a detour here for some much deserved yummy food. They have a huge variety of sweet and savory crepes to choose from along with many equally yummy soups and appetizers.  The prices are pretty good for the proportions as well so it won't break your bank. 


I got a crazy good apple cinnamon Gullèe.  Basically is it a carefully folded then fried crepe stuffed with apples and cinnamon and topped with powdered sugar, maple syrup, and some seriously sinful buttery spread. In other words, pure heaven.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing homework, per usual. No pain no gain I suppose. Then I drove my sister to the bus station so she could catch her bus home.  Overall, it was such a fun weekend! Seeing my family always reminds me of how lucky I am that I have such a great relationship with them. Seeing them makes me the happiest girl on Earth!

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment