Monday, February 2, 2015

Weekend Happenings: The Superbowl

This post originally began as an overview of my weekend with a slight mention of the Superbowl but it turned out that the Superbowl was the highlight of my weekend.  Before I get too far I have to let you know that I don't know much about football. I guess I'm a Patriots fan. (If I remember correctly liking anything other than the Patriots or the Red Sox in middle school would lead to public ridicule, so I've been conditioned to pick these teams by default when asked.  Don't hate me New Yorkers).
Other than that all I know about football is that it involves impossibly huge male human beings running into each other while two members of their team try to get the ball to the far end of the field.

But the Superbowl this year was actually kind of fun. I still haven't grasped all the rules of Football but I did find some highlights throughout the night. With the first being that I spent it with good friends stuffing my face with amazingly unhealthy food.



The second highlight was the halftime show which was interesting at first. I have to say I was a little weirded out by the fact that Katy Perry was riding a tiger/lion? To me it looked more like the robotic toy dog my sister had growing up.

Remember this guy?
I have to give it to the puppeteers, though.  They were pretty good.  Also, I thought Missy Elliot was amazing as always and Lenny Kravitz sounded great.  Katy Perry also did a great job especially as she was flying over the stage as a firework. The weird part about this Superbowl were all the sad commercials. There were so many sad dads this year and then there was the Nationwide commercial. It seemed as though the popular theme this year was rip your heart out sad.

Of course the dancing sharks made up for that a little bit.

oxo Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment